Lee is a developer with 8 years of experience primarily in backend development.
Interests include distributed systems, parallel computing, and making computing
universally accessable. Lee has recently enjoyed tinkering with Rust and Go in
their personal time.
Google, Site Reliability Engineer Aug 2019 – Present
- Create a data path for all Google Cloud traffic to be routed through, with
focus on developing and monitoring the data path from peering routers at
the edge of the AS to the application load balancers.
- Serves over 2TB of traffic per second.
- Collaborate and coordinate work across several internal teams.
- Created and maintain Kanban for tracking for tasks.
- Design and implement blackbox probing to monitor availability and routing
correctness of network segments.
- Service monitoring and alerting with Borgmon (internal predecessor to
- Lead effort across organization to modernize Python code and update to Python 3.
- Worked on load balancers written in C++ and config generators in Go language.
Google, Software Engineer Jan 2019 – July 2019
- Develop gsutil CLI
Python application allowing users to interact with Google Cloud Storage.
- Handled over 60,000 QPS at the time.
- Hand-refactor application to use Python 3.
- Wrote integration testing pipeline to execute tests in parallel.
- Reduced pre-submit test time by 30x.
- Submit patches to improve interoperation with open-source dependencies.
Amazon, Software Engineer Jan 2016 – Dec 2018
- Design and implement a Java service to send timely HR surveys to corporate
computes and warehouse scanner devices and handle their responses.
- Data collected was used to help understand working conditions and help
improve emotional and physical safety.
- Develop and test an Electron desktop application to render surveys on
corporate computers and send responses to the backend. A modest amount of C#
was used for the Windows desktop application.
Google, Support Engineer Jan 2015 – Jun 2016
- Develop and maintain support ticket routing software.
- Provide onsite and remote technical support to Googlers.
- Lead peer-driven programming courses.
- 18-month residency program.
Boeing, Software Engineer Apr 2014 – Jan 2015
- Develop and maintain supply chain interface for external manufacturing
partners to manage orders
IL Dept of Public Health, Data Analyst Intern Apr 2013 – Jan 2014
- Write Python scripts for EMR workflows.
- Insert and query data from Vaccines for Children program database.
University of Illinois, BS Computer Science 2009 – 2013